Friday, July 15, 2011

Found an injured pigeon; What can I do to help it?

I found a white pigeon with certain brown markings the other day in Orange Crest. It couldn't fly so I checked it and it's wing was really injured. When I took it home, I cleaned it up real good and found that it had a giant splinter in it's wing, which I pulled out. I think that it may have been attacked by an animal in the neighborhood. It looks very healthy besides it's wing. He has a healthy appetite and everything. Currently I am cleaning the wound with hydrogen peroxide 3 times daily since I am not sure that triple antibiotic is safe for it. I also wanna bandage it's wing so that it doesn't move it around a lot but everything I try, it gets pulled off. So all I wanna know is what I can do to help it get better fast and what I can get to make it a little more comfortable. Thanks guys

No comments:

Post a Comment