Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cut on face will not stop bleeding even after stitches.?

About a week ago I had an accident. I got a 5 inch slash on my face, running almost vertical from my jaw to just below my hairline,close to my ear on the left side of my body. the cut was pretty deep, I had to have two sets of stitches put on, one in the internal part of the cut and the other set- "24" stitches on the outside, the problem i'm having is that my face swelled up as soon as the stitches were put in place and im still bleeding about week later, after a couple days the swelling had not gone down and i was bleeding from the bottom of the laceration, so I made a visit to the ER I was told it was blood pooled up in my face due to a blood clot causing the swelling. The doctor then proceeded to make aditional perforations and squeezed some of the blood out,after a couple more days the swelling did go down, but not sure if it was due to the "squeezing" of the blood or the big bandage that was wrapped around my face for the next couple of days. I went back on Thursday to have them remove soutures and was told Id have to wear the bandage again.I have been bleeding the whole time, the doctor said i could swell up again.. so im going back in tomorrow to have them remove more soutures they placed in my cut. Could there be anything they are missing? its been seven days and im still bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment